Tuesday, May 15, Nashville, TN
- Dr. Kuna began with an overview of the innovation talking from his slide with a process diagram
- The Philadephia VAMC has agreed to purchase the wireless modems
- They've also found a way to work around PII by using a unique ID generated for the patients
- Dr. Kuna envisioned part of the flow of information (e.g. questionnaires) to take place through MyHealtheVet (MHV). It has been difficult to run requirements through this program.
- Blake: Does MHV have a process for fielding new requests? Adele Cerbone can help with some contacts, and Dr. Kuna has also some contacts (via Marta Render).
- The system would not be connected to CPRS. Data would have to be manually entered from template notes to CPRS.
- Michael Cochrane suggested we look into something like AudioCare (formerly AudioFax) to call patients with reminders, as well as input surveys directly into VistA
- Adele: A good CAC can do a survey with Progress Notes.
- Chuck: We should contact Adam Darkins (VHA Telehealth) and get his thoughts.
- Talk with Peter Shore about Business Case and Results: He has ability to do calculation of cost savings, focus on value. Also, physician and nurse time. Send Adele Cerbone an email and Sam has Marta Render as a MHV contact.
- Follow-up with Adele Cerbone and Marta Render on MHV
- Contact Dr. Darkins