Tags

    Sept 5 - TIM Minutes

    Download file "40 - REVAMP Technical Interchange Meeting Minutes - 5 September 2013.pdf"

    Technical Interchange Meeting Minutes

    From

    Thursday, 5 September 2013

    Present:

    • Dr. Samuel Kuna, Chief, Sleep Medicine Section, Philadelphia VA Medical Center
    • Dr. Carl Stepnowsky, Research Health Scientist at VA San Diego Healthcare System
    • Mr. Rafa Morales, Intellica Project Manager
    • Ms. Marisol Smith, Intellica Quality Assurance


    The primary objectives of this meeting were to discuss feedback from the application and end of project.


    Teleconference – 3:00 PM Eastern Time

    Topics Covered:

    Status of Application

    1. Feedback Philadelphia

    a. Clinic has enrolled twenty-one (21) patients.

    b. Twelve (12) patients have logged on

    i. Eleven (11) of those patients have completed questionnaires

    ii. The remaining one (1) was just recently enrolled

    c. Nine (9) monitors have been mailed.

    d. Seven (7) monitors have been returned.

    i. One (1) out of the seven (7) has sleep apnea and will be getting equipment.

    ii. The current way of selecting potential enrollees does include patients that are less likely to get a diagnosis of sleep apnea. Dr. Kuna may change the way the potential enrollees are selected to possibly allow for more patients that may have sleep apnea.

    e. Feedback from patients that have completed questionnaires is that there have been no issues.

    f. An initial call progress note was completed and it was very nice to populate the progress note with a click of the button.

    g. Currently Dr. Kuna sends patients an email with information about program, logging on etc and then calls them. In the phone call he lets them know that if the questionnaires are not completed in two (2) weeks the consult will be cancelled. This seems to be working.

    i. Dr. Kuna is considering sending reminders at 48 and 24 hours to let the patient know the time is almost up.


    2. Feedback San Diego

    a. Clinic has enrolled seventeen (17) patients.

    b. Five (5) patients have logged on

    c. Three (3) of those patients have completed questionnaires

    d. Clinic is very interested in testing out wireless modems, waiting on ISO.

    3. REVAMP Security – San Diego

    a. A meeting took place on 03 Sept 2013 between Intellica and VA ISO Team.

    b. VA ISO Team had follow up questions about Revamp Security.

    i. They wanted to know about Philadelphia clinic’s approach, since they saw the contract was for 75 patients in Philadelphia and did not include San Diego.

    1. Dr. Stepnowsky explained why San Diego was running a pilot program as well.

    ii. VA ISO Team had questions about the BAA

    1. It seemed to be an older template

    2. They could not find it on the website

    iii. ISO team suggested contacting Mickey Gwynn

    iv. It was agreed that Mr. Henderson would need to be consulted on this matter.

    Other topics

    4. Intellica will contact Mr. Henderson (probably on Monday) regarding

    a. Security concerns that had been brought up (BAA, etc)

    b. Software Installation Plan – Is there a template that needs to be followed for these instructions?

    c. Status of contract modification.

    5. Mr. Morales brought up that it would be good to start meetings with updates such as the updates in the meeting today. This information can be gathered to provide measures of how the program is going.

    a. The report will possibly have to be based on these logs that are being kept of the patient participation etc. and the practices that each clinic is finding to be beneficial to increase participation in program.

    6. Next meeting (pending contract modification) will be in two weeks, Thursday 19 September 2013. If not, there will be communication before then, as the end of the contract would be on Friday 13 September 2013.



    Discussion of Action Items

    VA Action Items

    1. Dr. Kuna and Dr. Stepnowsky will continue to share updates and practices that have been found beneficial for participation.

    .

    Intellica Action Items

    1. Mr. Morales will follow up with Mr. Henderson regarding:

    a. Security concerns that had been brought up (BAA, etc.)

    b. Software Installation Plan – Is there a template that needs to be followed for these instructions?

    c. Status of contract modification.

    Meeting Concluded – 3:25 PM Eastern Time

    Comments

    /groups/687/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/687/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot3/groups/687/sidebar/HotListvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-10-02 18:26:12+00:002012-10-02 18:26:12updated9updated with MOU figuresvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-10-02 15:34:31+00:002012-10-02 15:34:31updated8vaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-21 17:31:56+00:002012-05-21 17:31:56updated7Added tag - budgetvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-21 17:31:09+00:002012-05-21 17:31:09addTag6vaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-21 17:31:09+00:002012-05-21 17:31:09updated5vaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-17 18:27:34+00:002012-05-17 18:27:34updated4vaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-17 18:26:11+00:002012-05-17 18:26:11updated3Added tag - hotvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-17 18:26:04+00:002012-05-17 18:26:04addTag2First createdvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-17 18:24:59+00:002012-05-17 18:24:59created1wiki2012-10-02T18:26:12+00:00groups/687/wiki/6a472False687 FY13 Medical Services Funding/groups/687/wiki/6a472/687_FY13_Medical_Services_Funding.htmlBlake Henderson9 updates687 FY13 Medical Services Funding Item MED SERV $ PHILLY, STATION Program O...Falsevaphshendeb2012-10-02T18:26:12+00:00vaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-06-19 13:30:49+00:002012-06-19 13:30:49updated4vaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-06-19 13:30:39+00:002012-06-19 13:30:39updated3Added tag - hotvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-06-19 13:30:37+00:002012-06-19 13:30:37addTag2First createdvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-06-19 13:30:17+00:002012-06-19 13:30:17created1wiki2012-06-19T13:30:49+00:00groups/687/wiki/51e81FalseDiscussion with Carl Stepnowsky 6.14.2012/groups/687/wiki/51e81/Discussion_with_Carl_Stepnowsky_6142012.htmlBlake Henderson4 updatesDiscussion with Carl Stepnowsky 6.14.2012 Web Based Management of Sleep Apnea ARC grant to develop an interactive website for sleep apnea management Components: 1) Learnin...Falsevaphshendeb2012-06-19T13:30:49+00:00NotesvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-16 21:33:17+00:002012-05-16 21:33:17updated3Added tag - hotvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-16 21:32:48+00:002012-05-16 21:32:48addTag2First createdvaphshendebBlake Henderson2012-05-16 21:31:56+00:002012-05-16 21:31:56created1wiki2012-05-16T21:33:17+00:00groups/687/wiki/5b12dFalseTechnical Eval Notes/groups/687/wiki/5b12d/Technical_Eval_Notes.htmlBlake Henderson3 updatesTechnical Eval Notes Tuesday, May 15, Nashville, TN Dr. Kuna began with an overview of the innovation talking from his slide with a process diagram ...Falsevaphshendeb2012-05-16T21:33:17+00:00hot/groups/687/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/687/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/687/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5searchlist/groups/687/calendar/Upcoming EventsUpcomingEventsListEvents1Getting events…